How Children Thrive
How Children Thrive
Discover the proven ways parents can help their children learn, overcome adversity, get along with others, and become independentwhile you relax and enjoy being a parent
How do children thrive? As a parent, you probably think about this all the time. You want your children to have happy, healthy, and meaningful livesbut whats the best way to support them? InÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â How Children Thrive,Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â developmental pediatrician and parent Dr. Mark Bertin provides a positive, simple, and empowering approach for raising children of all ages. Bringing together mindfulness, new science on brain development, and the messy reality of being a parent, Dr. Bertin has a created a breakthrough guide that will help childrenand their parentsflourish.
Research has shown that the key to raising resilient, kind, and independent children lies in executive function, our mental capacity to manage just about everything in life. ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œDespite its wonky, overly scientific name, there is nothing complicated about building executive function, Dr. Bertin writes. ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œIts actually a lot more straightforward and less anxiety-provoking than most of the parenting advice out there. Through concise, easily applied chapters, Dr. Bertin provides simple strategies for helping your children develop healthy EF while taking care of yourself and enjoying your family. Highlights include:
- Mindfulnesshow it directly builds EF and how to incorporate mindful practices for the whole family
- The importance of free play, the science behind it, and how to encourage more of it
- Technologyhow much is too much? At what age is screen time OK? Help your kids have a healthy relationship with media.
- Create simple routines that support independence around homework, nutrition, sleep, friendships, and more
- Age-appropriate advice for toddlers, teens, and even your twenty-somethings
- Limits and discipline: How to determineand stick withconsequences for unwanted behavior
- Understand markers for whether your child is developmentally on track or if extra support might be needed
- Find the advice you need when you need it with short, independent chapters full of concrete practices
- Bring more calm, ease, and joy to your parenting while taking care of yourselfeven when family life gets chaotic
- Give yourself permission to make mistakes and adapt along the way
ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œThe pressure to be the perfect parent is overwhelming, writes Dr. Bertin, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œbut the truth is the job is too challenging and varied to ever be done to perfection. With compassion and reassurance, Dr. Bertin presents a relaxed, instinctual, and evidence-based approach to raising children who thrive.
- $10.00 Flat Rate Shipping Australia Wide
- Orders Processed in 2-3 business days
- Please note: We do not fulfill orders that are marked as High Fraud Risk.